What to Do If Your Employer Breaches Your Contract

If you are an employee and you find that your employer has breached your employment agreement, you are entitled to recover compensation for breach of contract. The Employment Laws cover all employees regardless of their gender, status or age and covers workers in every industry. The law also covers contractual and work-related breaches of agreement. If you are an employee, you can ask your legal representative to help you file a claim. The next step is to find out the process of filing a claim. For advice on how to make a Constructive Dismissal Claim, visit https://www.employmentlawfriend.co.uk/constructive-dismissal

Image credit

In general, the first step in the claims process is for you to document the date of the breakdown. This will be an important piece of evidence that the employee’s legal representative can use to help win your case. Once you have documented the date of the breach, you can contact your employer to arrange a meeting to discuss the issues. Most employers are flexible and they may agree to negotiations with you to settle the matter amicably.

Image credit

Another important step is to inform your employer that you have decided to take your complaint to the Employment Tribunal. Always remember to include copies of any correspondence you have had with them to negotiate a settlement. If they refuse to enter into negotiations, you should consider taking the matter to the tribunal. It is important to remember that in order for the employer to be found in contravention of their contract, it must be proved that the breach was indeed intentional and occurred without just cause.

Related posts